- Paul Debevec's home page
- E. Reinhard, G. Ward, S. Pattanaik and P. Debevec: High Dynamic Range Imaging - Acquisition, Display and Image-Based Lighting; 2ed, Morgan Kaufmann, 2009
- J.J. McCann, A. Rizzi: The Art and Science of HDR Imaging; Wiley, 2011
- B. Hoefflinger (Editor): High-Dynamic-Range (HDR) Vision; Springer, 2007
- HDRI research at Max Planck Institut für Informatik
- Jacobs, A: High Dynamic Range Imaging and its Application in Building Research; Advances in Building Energy Research, James & James, London, Vol.1, No.1, 2007
- Jacobs, A: Glare Measurement Using HDR Photography; 11th International Radiance Workshop, Copenhagen, September 2012 (PDF of presentation and audio recording)
HDR File Formats
- Sam Leffler's TIFF library
- Larson, G.W: Global Illumination & HDRI Formats (PDF), Siggraph 2003
- Greg Ward's Page on High Dynamic Range Image Encodings
- Greg Ward Larson: Overcoming Gamut and Dynamic Range Limitations in Digital Images (PDF), Proceedings of the Sixth Color Imaging Conference, November 1998.
See also the page on HDRI Formats.
JPEG EXIF Header
- See Other HDR Software
- T. Mitsunaga and S.K. Nayar: RASCAL - RAdiometric Self CALibration; M+N's orginal paper, as well as their proof-of-concept software, including source code. Their algorithm is used in Greg Ward's hdrgen, which is the rendering engine behind WebHDR.
- F. Drago, K. Myszkowski, T. Annen and N. Chiba: Adaptive Logarithmic Mapping For Displaying High Contrast Scenes (2003) on CiteSeer
- M. Ashikhmin: A Tone Mapping Algorithm for High Contrast Images (2002) on CiteSeer
- E. Reinhard, M. Stark, P. Shirley and J. Ferwerda: Photographic Tone Reproduction (2002)
- F. Durand and J. Dorsey: Fast Bilateral Filtering for the Display of High-Dynamic-Range Images (2002)
- R. Fattal, D. Lischinski and M. Werman: Gradient Domain High Dynamic Range Compression (2002)